Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Difficulty Of Success

I recently was looking through a journal I had saved from back when I was in college at James Madison University and thought this passage I wrote in March of 2003 was particularly strong.

"It is not a magnificent thing to merely conjure up dreams or aspirations no matter how monumental they may be.  The difficulty lies in taking action, and in suffering through the failure, which is an inevitable truth to all success."

I find this to be true in all aspects of life.  Even as I have recently started up the Unbroken Light band I find myself repeatedly coming up against roadblocks.  The key, I think, is to enjoy the adventure along the way, with all of it's peaks and valleys, and not to focus too much on the destination.  If you only focus on the final destination of your work then you miss all the good stuff along the way, and an incredible opportunity to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment