Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Why I Write Music

I was recently asked to write up a few sentences describing what was the message or the intent behind the music of Unbroken Light.  I have always in the back of my head known why I was writing music, but it was a good exercise for me to actually put pen to paper and write it down.  Here is what I came up with:

The vision for Unbroken Light is to bring a light to the dark places and show that there is always hope found in Christ.  Being a Christian does not take away our pain or challenges in life.  In fact, I believe that being a Christian brings along with it the hardest challenges of all:  dying to self, living an unselfish life, and constantly molding our character after Christ.  But it is also the most fulfilling and rewarding journey one could ever take.  I hope my songs show the entire spectrum of that journey, and ultimately, that Jesus is the only thing in this life worth following after.

No comments:

Post a Comment